Friday, November 23, 2012

Gettin' Busy

After almost an entire year of boredom so great that I read 132 books (actually, more than that. There were a few I read that I was too embarrassed to admit to on goodreads. Fluffy paranormal young adult romance, anyone? Anyone? No? Yeah, me neither. That stuff is totally lame) AND wrote, like, half a freakin' novel (no, I really did and as you can imagine, it's quite terrible) I am happy to say that the last few weeks have actually been BUSY. Why?

I finally started my job at the embassy. Ask me when I interviewed for this job? Go ahead, ask me.
MAY. It was back in MAY.
Ugh.
Anyway, I started three weeks ago and it's been a very good change.

Also, winter is officially here and it no longer feels like Mordor. Now it's more like Arizona which is pretty great and we are able to do, you know, things.

Like spending the weekend in a bungalow on an island in the Gulf of Tadjoura. Which was completely awesome.







 And just in case you ever wondered what ground ginger is in french, or ever have to go searching for it on Thanksgiving morning, here it is.



3 comments:

Heather Dray said...

I can neither confirm nor deny that I totally LOVE paranormal young adult romance novels. Enjoy your job and winter! You've earned both. :-)

Nomads By Nature said...

Always celebrate even the littlest victories! Also, that beach is lovely ~hoping you get more opportunities to visit or find/explore even more awesomeness around you!

Brooke said...

Many things:

1. Awesome that you read that many books.
2. I probably read the same books that you are embarrased to admit. Everyone's got something :)
3. Hooray for your job! I hope you love it
4. That beach was beautiful! Glad to hear the Mordor has settled down.