Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Oh Look, Somebody Fixed the Blog

Guess what?





I would like a job with Brompt.com someday...


Last year, I thought I'd make the blog "cuter" (always a bad idea, always) then we got all busy and shiz and I disappeared. My apologies to all four people who read my blog, I'll never screw with the settings again, I promise! Phil finally fixed my technological mess earlier this week and here I am, blogging my incoherent thoughts.

Anyway, what happened during my absent year? Many, many things. The most important one, of course, being the arrival of this thing:




We call him WeeBallz. And Eyebrows. And The Jumbo Baby. And Circle-Face (that's right, look at the picture. See it now? Like a tiny beach ball.)

Other things that happened: I worked at the embassy, we had a handful of uneventful protests following Djibouti's elections (which were totally fair and not rigged at all *cough*), I entered a new decade of my life and got really paranoid about wrinkles, medevac'd for three months, was put on super sucky bedrest, watched all of True Blood and Game of Thrones, barely read at all, gave birth to the hairiest baby ever seen, came back to Djibouti, and got super grouchy.

But here's the big, happy thing happening right now - packout is in three weeks and WE ARE ALMOST DONE WITH DJIBOUTI. Not that I don't luuuurv it here, but it will be nice to do...things, again. I look forward to several months of Djibouti recovery in DC.

I'll leave you with a picture of JBallz, who is a hilarious cheeseball.











3 comments:

Nomads By Nature said...

Congratulations on finishing your tour as much as for your newest family addition!! A total cutie for sure!!

Anne said...

Maybe can we hang out when you move to America?

alex said...

Not sure how I missed this a month ago, but glad to have you back!